At Nova, we use a fiber optic box from Gagnaveita Reykjavíkur, called Genexis. This is equipment that connects Gagnaveitan's fiber optic network and a router from Nova.
It is very important that the box is in top condition so that the internet connection is fast and good for all the browsing we do today!
If you suspect that the fiber optic box is the source in your home's network problems, there are a few things we can take a look at.
First you can look at the lights on the box.
There are three important lights on the fiber optic box!
If the Power light is not on then the box is simply not connected to electricity, or there is something wrong with the power adapter. You can try unplugging the power adapter from the Nova router and plugging it in the fiber optic box and see if the box starts up. You can get a new power adapter in the Nova store in Lágmúli 9.
If the Link light does not light up or flash, the Data Fiber Optic Network system will not be contacted. Then you can restart the box and see if the light turns on after restarting. If it does not light up, you need to contact Nova.
If the Data light does not light up or flash, there is a disconnection in the box.
- Try to press the front cover firmly on the front of the box, then the light should get stable.
- Try restarting the box (disconnecting and reconnecting the power adapter).
- You can also remove the front of the box and put it back on (see picture).
It is good to hold the backside so that it stays firmly attached to the wall. When the front cover is put back on, you can hear a click, and if it's put on correctly if you look at the box on the side, you should not see any gap between the front and back sides.
- If you are in doubt about how to remove the front cover, we recommend that you contact us first to prevent unnecessary accidents or damage to the equipment.
- If the light does not come on after 4-5 minutes, you can try to reset the box.
Most boxes have a small reset hole below the USB port on the right side of the box that needs to be pressed with and held for a few seconds, while others have a button that says RST on the front that needs to be pushed and held for a few seconds.
- If the data light does light up or does not become stable, it is best that you contact us and we can find a solution together.